Program & Activities
SPACE (Search for Identity) has achieved a significant amount.
SPACE has worked with a range of local and international development and peace building organizations. Examples of our work include Youth Action for Change through its online initiative Forgotten Diaries. This project focused on ‘Building Peace through Children Theatre’. We worked in 3 schools (two schools from Kathmandu and one from Kavre district) with more than 2000 children attending theatre performances about the horrors and misery of war. After the project also we have been working with more than 20 schools.
In August 2011, we organized a grand performance of ‘Railgadi Chhuck Chhuck Chhuck’ at Gurukul, a school of theatre in Kathmandu. This show was totally about children and their school activity presented in an artistic way. The play was also performed in 11 different schools throughout the Kathmandu valley.
We have implemented a project on ‘Helping Young People in Nepal through Formal and Informal Education’ in June 2012. We carried out this project in partnership with Freedom to Learn; a UK based charity and worked with over 100 hundred children in 5 government-funded schools from Kathmandu and Kavre district.
We organized 'Children Theatre Week 2013, Kathmandu' on 7-11 February in Mandala Theatre Anamnagar. Five plays from five government funded schools\' children were performed. The details of the plays were:
1. Lilawati ko Kinar (The Bank of River Lilawati) - Shree Kushadevi Higher Secondary School, Kushadevi Kavre
2. Shram School ki Saani Naani (A Little Girl from a Labor School) - Shram Rastriya Secondary School, Kumarigal Kathmandu
3. Veed dekhi Veed samma (From Crowd to Crowd) - Mahendra Bouddha Higher Secondary School, Bouddha Kathmandu
4. Tarevir (The Cliff of Tarevir) - Suntakhan Secondary School, Baluwa Kathmandu
5. Poko (A Collection of something) - Bal Byabasayee Kendra Secondary School, Kathmandu
We also conducted 'Global Exchange Youth Theatre Program' in partnership with BRIDGE Theatre Project USA. It was an intercultural exchange between the children from Ecuador and Nepal.
We are going to launch the 'SPACE ko Mit Abhiyan (A traditional friendship campaign)' between 5 government funded where we work and private schools. The objective of this program is to collect stationery material from private schools and provide it to the government funded schools children.